Tuesday, October 17, 2023

419 scam

 


I am acutely aware of the profound luck that my family and I have been blessed with, especially considering the many less fortunate individuals in our world. It has always been a fundamental belief of mine that we must strive to leave this world better than we found it. To me, this isn't merely a choice but an obligation, one that some of us should bear more than others.

Reflecting on my journey, I recall a vivid memory from when I was five years old. I would eagerly offer my birthday and chore money to the homeless, deeply moved by their struggles. It was my earliest encounter with the stark realities faced by those less fortunate. As I grew older, I began to understand the stark disparities in life's rewards, where a few are privileged while countless others are left behind.

Throughout history, humanity has made remarkable strides in healthcare, education, and technology, improving the lives of many. Yet, I firmly believe that we must accelerate our progress for the greater good. While wealth can transform individual lives, it also presents a unique opportunity to effect profound and lasting change in society through anonymous philanthropy.

I'm Jared Isaacman, and you can learn more about me through this Forbes article:

www.forbes.com/sites/giacomotognini/2020/10/07/meet-the-new-billionaire-who-dropped-out-of-high-school-and-flies-fighter-jets-for-fun/

You might wonder why you're receiving this email from me. I've recently had a profound shift in perspective. Despite all my personal successes and the excitement of my adventurous life, I felt a growing emptiness. While I've consistently donated millions to various organizations each year, I've come to view it as detached and lacking the intimacy I seek in my giving.

Then, a rather unconventional idea crossed my mind: what if I directly assisted individuals I've never met? I discussed this radical notion with my advisors, who dismissed it as foolish. But I've heard such skepticism before, and I've never shied away from unconventional ideas. This concept will serve as a pilot test to explore the impact of intimate, person-to-person giving on our world.

Your email address was randomly selected from a data marketing firm, making you one of the ten individuals chosen to benefit from my anonymous grant. You will receive a substantial sum of money, to be spent entirely at your discretion. It's yours. My only request is that you pay this generosity forward.

To be eligible for this grant, you must share an open-minded perspective and believe in boundless possibilities, just as I do. If you're interested in accepting this grant, please provide your full name and address. I will get in touch with you to explain how you will receive this grant once I hear back from you.

Remember, luck is the intersection of opportunity and preparedness.

Jared Isaacman

0 comments: